Welcome to 1st Resource Home Care Services.
You may be looking for someone to provide care or support for yourself or a member of your family or possibly you are looking for a career in care; this website will provide the information you need about our flexible, care and support services and job opportunities.
1st Resource Home Care Services is owned and operated by a management team with more than 20 years experience in management, training and care.
1st Resource Home Care aims to provide care workers to service users in the care homes and/or in their own homes. This enables people of any age who are disabled or frail to live in their own home by providing a housekeeper/carer service specifically tailored to meet each individual’s requirements.
1st Resource Home Care aims to provide a focused value for money service that is reliable and responsive to service user’s needs and choices. Housekeepers/Carers/cooks can be male or female as required.
1st Resource Home Care aims to ensure that at all times, services are provided which comply with the requirements of the Domiciliary Care Agencies Regulations 2002.
The Nature of the Services Provided
1st Resource Home care is involved in the supply of care workers to people in their own homes and Residential and Nursing Homes.
These are all the Care Services we can provide, care visits can last 1/2 hour, 3/4 hour or 1 hour or more to help with any of the following tasks. Night sittings can also be arranged and live-in is also available.
- Personal care
- Getting out of bed
- Washing / Bathing /Showering
- Getting dressed / Undressed
- Managing continence
- Emptying commode
- Skin and hair care
- Prompting to take medication
- Going to bed
- Sit- ins during the daytime
- Making / Changing the bed
- Laundry / Ironing
- Washing up
- Cleaning toilet / Bathroom
- Light housework
- Assistance with using heating / fire
- One off cleaning tasks (e.g.spring cleaning)
- Assisting with maintaining social contact
- Assisting in making appointments
- Assisting with attending clubs / Day Care Centres
- Preparation of breakfast
- Preparation of hot meals
- Preparation of light meals / snacks
- Preparation of drinks
- Menu planning
- Managing food hygiene
- Assistance with nutrition
Administrative / Regulatory Care
- Provide advice and supportive information
- Risk/health and Safety assesments
- Quality assurance visits, telephone calls and questionnaires
- Regula comminication with your assigned co-ordinator
- Care plan reviews
- Interagency liaison (e.g attend review meetings with care managers as requested)
Financial Care and Correspondence
- Assistance with budget planning
- Assistance with correspondence
- Collection of pensions / benefits
- Assistance with use of telephone
- Assistance with paying bills